Emma’s interest in public relations and integrated marketing communication began when she was interning at Aluna Paper, an art studio and storefront owned and operated by a solo entrepreneur. She became interested in the behind-the-scenes work that goes into managing a small business, especially with such a small team. She thought about how this company was gaining an audience and how they were able to target such a small demographic. Emma was also able to tap into her creative side during this internship and create some of the artwork that was being sold. She now has the skills to make paper and printworks from her own home. Emma graduated from Grimsley High School in Greensboro and now enjoys living on Wrightsville Beach.
- B.A. in Communication Studies with a focus in Integrated Marketing Communication, University of North Carolina Wilmington (2020)
- Port City Young Professionals
- N.C. Chapter, Public Relations Society of America (serves on communications and membership committees)
- UNCW Communication Studies Society
- UNCW Lambda Pi Eta Honor Society
Reading, playing soccer, traveling to new places and relaxing on the beach.
For three months Emma did a work exchange through Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms, USA (WWOOF-USA®) on Kauai, the oldest Hawaiian island. She worked on a boat yard and a farm doing whatever tasks were thrown her way in exchange for very primitive living conditions while learning to love the minimalistic lifestyle approach.